Thane and Lucy fill in for Steve every week, with segments including middle-aged moment, welsh word of the week, popular BNOC happenings, and photoshop-op
A continuous review of all the sounds I've managed to collect so far alongside current discoveries and explorations. Lots of funk, the occasional disco and the everlasting hip-hop.
Show comprising 3 final year undergraduates taking a look at that inevitable question of 'what next?'... through the medium of entertainment. Alongside a special guest each week (we'll sort these- people with varying weird and wonderful things lined up for them after uni), we'll look to sift through one more potential life choice every week as we count down towards the end of university. The planned format of the show will look to include an interview with our special guest as they join us for a whole host of potential silly features including:
- Helen and Judy's travelling tips. Being seasoned travellers of Asia, the pair will reveal another wacky story from their travelling experiences each week.
- 'Fit it in my Fro' - special guest will look to fit a different object each week into Joe's afro. Feature will also include leaderboard based on nature of object chosen and how many they managed to fit in his hair.
- 'Joe's chimes' or a title to that effect. Comic song, recorded specially for the show every week, written by Joe on a subject messaged in to the show/something to do with the idea of 'what's next?'
- Interview with our special guest on what his/her plan is for next year and/or what they are currently doing having now graduated. Many exciting people lined up!
- 'Decipher Judy/Helen' or title to that effect- feature involving Joe/listeners attempting to guess certain scottish accented words in English or Gaelic.
Show's music will probably be around 6 songs and will be a competition between Joe, Helen and Judy (2 songs each) on who has picked the best music for that day. Potentially based around the 'what next' theme for that show!
In a nutshell, light-hearted entertainment show looking at the serious question of 'what's next?'. Aimed then at current final years but also applicable for all years. Will also look to have jingle for the show- playing on idea of 'tweedle Dum' (Helen/Judy), tweedle De (Helen/Judy) and Me (Joe).
From brand new metal tracks to old classics, anything goes in this weekly celebration of metal here on URY! Requests of any sub-genre are encouraged and we'll play as many as you can. As long as it's loud, we'll play it to liven up those quiet late-night study sessions.
If you are still awake at this time of night, tune into a show presented by a joint honours fresher who managed to be elected to assistant chief engineer at URY. There will be music, talking between music, and maybe even content if I can think of anything else to talk about!
A friendly talk show about basically whatever is on my mind. Will feature a rotating cast of guest presenters and one-off interviewees from the world of "student politics". Likely topics are;
I'm not entirely sure as to what it would be fully, but I will plan every episode extensively. I wouldn't want it to be anymore than an hour. It migth be crap, but I would quite like to try something new. Possible music genres include;
Whatever takes the fancy really. I know this is a really wooly pitch, but would just like an outlet to explore a
I'm also really unsure on the title, so any suggestion would be welcome.
The Breakfast version of URYs top* decade based hits show hits the airwaves for a Freshers Week special. Expect to hear numerous excuses for my poor planning, plugs for anything else on the schedule and overly complexed and nuanced answers to any vague, silly questions I get asked by listeners.
RIP Tim from Wentworth - messaged in weekly Nov 2018 - Apr 2019.
Managed to drag yourself out of bed for a 9am Welcome Talk in the middle of Freshers' Week? Congrats! Grab a cuppa, and let Matt and Will accompany you for that bracing morning walk to the lecture hall.